Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Road Trip to Nebraska

We took advantage of the long Labor Day weekend and made the 4+ hour drive to visit my grandparents in Nebraska. I love my grandparents and it was so great to see them, but this trip definitely reminded me why we don't live in Nebraska! I was pleasantly surprised, however, that North Platte (the town where I spent most of my childhood) now has a Starbucks!


Playing with Great Grandma


Blowing bubbles


Such a sweet couple!


Feeding the ducks


Did you know elk like popcorn?


Chloe's 1st merry-go-round ride. She loved it!


Waiting eagerly for her bite!


Cleaning sweet corn with Great Grandpa


It's not a visit to NE unless you spend time working in Grandpa's garden!


This pic is a framer

3 comments:

Mama D said...

Hi Friends,
Andrew and Jessica said you are expecting a new little Shearer and I just wanted to let you know that I am delighted for you! It's fun to see your adorable family photos.
Oh my! How Chloe has grown! She is just beautiful! I am remembering when she was tiny like little Samuel. We are having such fun with him! I took a photo of Sam wearing the cute Silly Monkey onesie you sent him. I will send it to you. We miss you! Come visit soon! Love, Joan

D clan 5 said...

I didn't know that people actually lived in Nebraska? By the way, is Nebraska even a state still? HAHAHA, we miss you guys but even more, we miss smoking you at Cities & Knights! Davidson rules!

Kate-y said...

Do you have braces now, Abby? I have so much fun reading all your blogging updates! Next 2-day weekend constitutes a trip to the good ol; So Cal... :)