Friday, January 16, 2009

Chloe Becomes a Big Sister

I can't remember when my last blog post was - and let's face it, Abby does a great job without me - but this is a big enough event for me to come out of retirement and share some news with the world.

Macie Paige Shearer was born today at exactly 2:00 PM. She was 6lbs. and 19 inches long. That makes her a little smaller than Chloe by about 12 oz and 1 inch. So far the consensus seems to be that she looks a little like Chloe but more like a Slovek than a Shearer. But a picture is worth a thousand words so here she is:

There will be plenty more pictures of Macie in the coming days, but here are a couple of the Shearer ladies all together.

Chloe hasn't been around her enough to know what's really going on, but she's happy to have a new shirt.

We'll get more up tomorrow but hopefully this works for a start.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Andrew and Abby, Macie is so beautiful!! Congratulations! Hope to meet her in person soon. :)

Unknown said...

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!! COngrats!!! AND, chloe looks so stoked/confused, but willing! Here's to a houseful of ladies!

Sarah Ikegami said...

Wow, congratulations! I was sooo surprised that she came this early, guess she was ready :) I love the lady Shearer shot :) Chloe's big sis shirt reminded me of a big sis sweatshirt I used to wear when my little sister was born....she's really cute :)

D clan 5 said...

Congrats you guys, you made another beautiful little girl!!!

Kate-y said...

So excited to hear about Macie while at camp! :) She's precious. Congratulations, Andrew, Abby and Chloe!

Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Congratulations! Macie is a beautiful baby and she has a beautiful name. Hope the adjustment goes well.